Thursday, September 9, 2010

Murder on the News, Music, and More

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2010

First I remember watching a news story about a man who had killed two people during a roller coaster ride at a theme park! Somehow there was grainy footage of the actual ride in progress. They slowed it down to where you could vaguely tell what was going on in each of the cars.

One man was calmly reading a newspaper as the other passengers were screaming, waving their arms, and going about typical roller coaster behavior. Suddenly, as the coaster was cresting a huge hill, that man sat up and nonchalantly shoved the person next to him out of the car, and then one of the people in the car in front of him. He then poured the rest of a beverage he was holding over the side.

So anyway, this story was all over the news as I went to visit my parents' church (which looked fictional) with them for some reason. There was special music by a father/daughter duo who played a bluegrass-y type of music. The music isn't my most preferred type, but the duo were very good at it. And the girl was rather cute.

After the concert, I was standing in the back of the building at a snack counter. I remember I was wearing a new T-shirt that I supposedly loved. It was dark brown with some kind of text on it, but I can't recall what it said. Suddenly the girl from the music duo walked up to get some snacks.

She was cute, though maybe not as cute as I'd originally thought. Also, she was way younger than I had expected (still an adult, but barely). We struck up a conversation and ended up talking for a long time.

We went outside and began to take a long walk in the woods as we talked. I suddenly realized I had on my regular shoes instead of my walking shoes. Apparently my parents lived just right across the street from where we were, and I knew I had a pair of good walking shoes at their house. So I asked the girl if she minded if I went and got them.

The girl waited outside while I went in to change shoes. The TV was on inside the house, and they were continuing to cover the murder from earlier. Now they had confirmed the man was apparently some formerly famous actor.

Then I was in what looked like a furnished basement, and I found a copy of "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" on DVD (in reality that movie isn't on DVD yet--it's only just, very unfairly, bombed in theaters). I love the movie, so I was excited. I started watching it immediately.

Suddenly, during the first scene of the movie, I remembered the girl was outside waiting on me and hurried back out of the house.

No comments: