Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sesame Street Workshop

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 18, 2010

It was late in the morning on a Saturday morning (which is approximately when I was having this dream). I was walking up a long street in what looked like a neighborhood I lived in as a kid. At the end of the dream-street, there was what looked like a university campus.

As I approached the "campus", I realized that I had only just crawled out of bed. I hadn't showered, I still looked a slob, etc. But I shrugged it off and went on my way. The campus turned out to be some kind of Disney amusement park. I have vague memories of exploring some of its attractions.

My next clear memory is that it was now early evening. I had ridden in a taxi to a building where a few other people were gathering. Kevin Murphy of "Mystery Science Theater" and "RiffTrax" fame was with me. He was explaining why his compatriot, Bill Corbett, wasn't there. Apparently we had been selected to work with some of the original Sesame Street puppets in some kind of workshop.

I remember some lady sitting us on the floor in a cleared-off area of a large room (other areas of the room had other groups, apparently doing their own workshops). She told us that someone would bring in our Sesame Street puppets shortly. I was so excited to get to see/work with actual Henson puppets in person! But this is all I remember.

No comments: