Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Want a Window

MORNING OF MARCH 6, 2011

I was in a gift store looking through books. One of them was a childrens' book about owls. It had a very unique layout with beautiful illustrations. The prose was a very Dr. Seuss-ish rhyme that told about all the different types of owls. I was so impressed by the books that I wanted to buy a copy for my friends' six year-old daughter, as well as one for myself, just for the creative value I saw in it.

Outside the gift shop was an area that looked kind of like Downtown Disney in Orlando. They had the coolest decorations on the walls in some of the shops: They were full-sized fake windows, looking very much like the windows of a castle. There were beautiful 3D animations in the window which made it look as though you were seeing a scene from a classic Disney animated movie when you looked "out" the window.

This was such a neat effect that an animation nerd like me really wanted to own at least one of these "windows". I knew they'd likely be more expensive than I could even dream of affording, but I couldn't find a price on any of them (yet somehow I knew they were for sale). I have vague memories of occasionally just seeing a new one (or ones) of these windows hanging in different places throughout the dream, but I could never find out how to get one of my own.

Finally, I remember meeting some different celebrities. Bill Murray is the only one I recall for sure. I remember one room where they let you pose for pictures holding Johnny Cash's guitar and also John Lennon's guitar. Finally I went through a room where some obscure country singers I had actually met in the 90's were signing, and they told me they remembered me.

No comments: