Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zooey's Cake and a Disney World Film Festival

MORNING OF MARCH 19, 2011

In my first dream, my friends and I were all friends with actress/singer Zooey Deschanel. She invited us to her house and served us all a chocolate cake she had made!

We were all sitting on a long, white couch in her mostly-white living room and she brought us each a piece from the kitchen, one at a time. It looked delicious! Eric was one of the first to receive a piece, and I took a picture of it with my phone while I waited for her to eventually bring my piece. I even remember tweeting the picture, along with a comment like, "We're hanging out with @therealzooeyd and she's serving us cake!"

The only other thing I remember is that it seemed like I waited forever and forever to get my own piece of cake, and in fact the dream memory ends before I got to taste it.

In a second dream later on, I was with Richard, Jessica, Lisa and Eric at a place that was a strange combination of Disney World and the Sidewalk Film Festival they have each year in nearby Birmingham, AL. I remember our group would splinter off and go check out different movies.

One theater looked like a cross between the Alabama Theatre (an actual old theatre in town) and the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney. Lisa saved a seat in the theatre while Eric and I went into a gift shop before the movie started.

In real life, during my last trip to Disney World, I began collected the Disney Pins, so that's what I was looking at in the dream. In addition to Disney Pins, there were also, for some reason, "Peanuts" and "Looney Tunes" related pins and merchandise.

I even saw a display of magnets featuring retro versions of Kellogg's cereal mascots. The old cornflakes mascot was a tomboyish little girl. In one Halloween-themed magnet, that little girl was dressed like a zombie and Tony the Tiger was a Frankenstein-like monster, and so on.

Eric and I went back into the theatre just before the movie began. It was proceeded by a spooky vocal greeting, similar to the beginning of the Haunted Mansion ride.

I realized that Eric and I had just sat down in random seats and left Lisa holding seats for us elsewhere.

No comments: