Sunday, March 6, 2011

Adultery, Improv and Tin Foil

MORNING OF MARCH 5, 2011

In the dream, I lived in a neighborhood not unlike the one I grew up in during part of my childhood. There was a family that lived down the street for me. The wife was probably a couple of years older than me, but the husband was several years older than us. I think they might have had a kid, but that memory is vague. At any rate, it was clear that we were all friends.

The husband was a very meek, very short, scrawny guy that sort of reminded me of an older George McFly from Back to the Future (the pre-empowered version). The wife was a tall-ish, blond-ish lady who was very pretty.At one point I was in their living room. The husband was watching TV in his chair. The wife and I were sitting on the couch together. She was wearing flannel sleep pants and a tank top, and we were talking. Things became very flirtatious, and before I knew it, we had begun to make out! Then we realized the husband was right there in his chair and felt ashamed.

Being the meek "George McFly" type that he was, the husband didn't get mad at either of us. He simply told me "I guess you're gonna have to leave now", so, after we both apologized to him, I left. I felt really bad, and wondered what had come over me. Though it had felt good when it happened.

Later, I remember a dream that Eric and I were going to attend another improv comedy class held by the same people who taught the actual improv class that I attended last summer. This time, the class was being held in the back of an RV/camper! There were a few very redneck-y people of all ages--even children--who had shown up, but no teachers.

Everyone decided that since I was the only one who had had classes before, I should teach them. I was reluctant, but enlisted Eric to assist me, and began trying to teach the first lesson to the best of my memory and ability. The thing was, no one would listen. They all just walked around and talked amongst themselves, ignoring me entirely. The kids were overly-energetic and loud and rambunctious. It was so uncomfortably crowded in this little RV!

I decided I needed some supplies, so I left the camper and walked into a store across the street. It looked like a combination head shop/comic book store. But they sold tin foil, which is what I wanted to buy a roll of. They had a roll of 100 feet for $7, and I decided I'd buy it. The little screen where you swipe your debit card at the check out kept giving me weird readings. It was asking me to select either "weather", "blue", or "white". I had no idea what it meant.

Right after I checked out, an elderly black lady came up to me and showed me that she had already bought me a 50 foot roll of tin foil for $5. We politely argued over which one of us should return our purchase and keep the money. I have weird dreams, sir.

No comments: