Friday, August 5, 2011

We Were Laughing Kids

MORNING OF AUGUST, 4, 2011

In real life, my younger cousin and I visited each other frequently when we were growing up. In my dream, it was as if we were both kids again and were spending the night at the house my family lived in at the time.

It was late and we were lying in bed just talking and joking like we used to often do when we should've been sleeping. Something we said really cracked us up, and we woke up my parents with our laughing. My dad came came to the door to tell us to be quiet and go to sleep, but the door was locked. For some reason this made us laugh even harder.

I'm pretty sure I actually laughed in my sleep, as I sort of vaguely woke up for a minute. I went right back to sleep and was dreaming of eating breakfast and trying to remember what had been so funny.

Simple and silly as it was, it was a nice dream in that parts of it really felt like revisiting times gone by.

No comments: