Friday, August 5, 2011

Disney Trip with an Unlikely Partner

MORNING OF AUGUST 5, 2011

I was going to Disney World with one of my ex girlfriend's sister. (I never had a "thing" for this sister, who was married anyway, and I haven't seen or thought about her in ages and ages, so her appearance here is pretty arbitrary).

I remember the two of us going through the security line at the airport, which was conspicuously low-tech and not at all crowded. I remember trying to unload my pockets and all my goods into the tray and for some reason, as dreams will sometimes do, I just couldn't do it right. I kept trying over and over, while the guards and the small line behind me grew increasingly frustrated.

After this I remember nothing about the dream until we were checking into our hotel at Disney. I think there was another family staying in the same suite with us, which was odd. I remember going to take a shower as soon as we arrived. When I got out of the shower, I was trying to find towels to dry with. There was a rack that had several of them, but the first one I tried was damp, like it had already been used, which was kind of gross.

I realized now that it was after 7 PM, and probably all four of the main parks were closing by now. We found out Downtown Disney would still be open for a while, so we thought we'd go there and shop.

First we decided to eat supper in a fancy steak restaurant that was attached to our hotel. The waitress, a really nice black lady, seated us in a U-shaped booth. The funny thing was, she seated herself in the middle of us! From that position she began to take our orders. And that's about all I recall.

No comments: