Sunday, August 7, 2011

Under the Table

MORNING OF AUGUST 7, 2011

First I remember visiting someone's house with a handful of other people. The actress Kristen Stewart was there, and we began talking. I "recognized" her as we spoke, but there wasn't that sense of celebrity attached to it. (Also, I should add that it's really odd that she would turn up in a dream. I've never seen a movie she's been in, she's not a one of my "Hollywood crushes", etc. A totally arbitrary pop culture dream appearance.)

Kristen told me she wanted to show me something, so she took me into the empty dining room and we crawled under the table. The table was draped with a long tablecloth so that we were concealed from the outside once underneath. She then pointed out something about the pattern of the fabric on the inside of the cloth that she thought was really fascinating. I didn't really see what the big deal was, but I played along for her sake.

At this point we ended up kissing and then things suddenly began to get rather...heated...between us. And the next little bit of the dream is far too racy for me to transcribe here for public consumption.

After, we came out from under the table and rejoined the rest of the party. I only have the vaguest memories of other things going on at this point. Mainly I was just waiting for my next moment with Kristen. I think we stole some more kisses here and there, but I don't remember anything else to detailed as the previous scene.

Later I remember my parents telling me that we were going to go to Maggiano's for our family friend, Judy's, birthday. Maggiano's is an Italian restaurant I really love. The closest one is in Atlanta, so I don't get to go that often. In my dream, when my mom said the name, I knew it sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. I remember just wracking my brain trying to think where I'd heard the name "Magianno's" before. Finally I remembered it was the Italian restaurant in Atlanta, and I couldn't wait to go.

My next memory is being seated at the restaurant. For some reason my friend Eric had joined the family for the occasion. I was privately trying to tell him about what had happened at the party from earlier in the dream.

Our waitress took our drink orders and left a pair of salt and pepper shakers on the table. They were sculpted to look like a cartoon woman and a cartoon dog. It was really cool. I remember Eric commenting on them, but can't recall what he said specifically.

From here on out, I mainly just remember thinking about what I wanted from the menu, and eventually my alarm went off.

No comments: