Thursday, November 13, 2008

Forgetful Shopping

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 13, 2008

I made a trip to Wal-Mart to because there was some necessary item I needed right away. There were a couple of other things I meant to pick up while I was there. (I can't remember what any of these items were anymore).

I have memories of walking through the store, seeing different things on the shelves..visually it was very vivid and realistic, but I can't recall many of the details specifically. I know there were some odd toys on one aisle that I stopped to look at (superhero action figures of some kind if I'm not mistaken). There was a grocery section with food...I know I remember cereal boxes. I remember a sale rack of Halloween costumes, and a cute girl dressed like a Halloween witch happened to walk by while I was looking at them. Some other costumed people soon followed her. I wondered if there was some kind of convention, and sort of wanted to go after them...

I did follow them to a certain section of the store, but I no longer remember seeing them after this point. I do remember this section of the store had a lot of Disney-related products. I especially saw a lot of Winnie the Pooh stuff.

Eventually I got home, and it was very early in the morning. I realized that while at the store I had picked up all the items that I was going to grab "just since I was there anyway", but had forgotten to pick up the one item for which I'd gone to the trouble of going in the first place. This, of course, was irritating.

I went into the bathroom and saw in the mirror that something was wrong with my shirt, which was my Muppets "Save the Animal" T-shirt. (Since this is an actual T-shirt I own, and I just happened to be wearing it in the dream, we'll not officially count this one as one of my strangely recurring dreams about random T-shirts).

The shirt seemed to be "rotting" away in some places, but instead of just leaving a hole, the worn away places revealed a silvery-gray surface that looked like the smooth side of duct tape. It was as though the whole shirt was made of this, and the tearing of the fabric just left if visible. I was very confused.

Finally, I have a memory of sitting in a room talking to two guys, both of them fictional. One of them, an overweight fellow, was really troubled about something and he wanted to talk to the two of us about it. The other guy, however, began berating this guy and telling him he didn't want to hear it, so the overweight dude left the room. I felt sorry for him, and was quite angered by the other guy's inexplicable rudeness.

No comments: