Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sack Full of MST3K

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 28, 2008

I was at a movie with a girl I knew some time ago. I left the theater at one point, exiting into a store that basically looked like a Wal-Mart. I wandered around and found a rack filled with Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVDs.

Each disc contained a single episode, and I was shocked to find that they were all ones that have not previously been released on DVD (and mostly from the Michael J. Nelson era, which tends to be my favorite). Icing on the cake was that they were all on sale for $5 each!

I began stocking up on every different episode I could find. Eventually I remembered the girl was still in the theater, so I went back in with my sack full of MST3K. A few people now remained in the theater, but no movie was on the screen.

I sat down alone and some random, fictional girl came up to me and began telling me about some art she'd just posted to her deviantART gallery. As she spoke, I was somehow seeing it on a computer screen. It featured Ariel the Little Mermaid being chased by some purple merfolk that looked really evil. The girl explained it to me, and it was supposed to be some hilarious spoof, but I don't remember what the joke was (because in reality I'm sure it makes no sense).

No comments: