Thursday, November 13, 2008

Work Assignments With a Cocker Spaniel

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 12, 2008

Very few really clear memories in this one. There's a hodge-podge of scenes in which one of my bosses called me from work telling me of some redundant last minute work that had to be re-done and ready first thing in the morning. I knew that basically would require going in to work in the middle of the night to have it done (this manner of business is not the norm, so it was particularly irksome in the dream).

My next memory is being at work very early, sometimes shortly after sunrise. It looked recognizably like my place of employment, but at the same time looked a little bit like a home. My own living room couch was in one room, and the 15 year-old family dog, Einstein, who actually lives with my parents and not me, was there.

I was sitting on the couch petting Einstein in my lap (he's not a house dog, yet this was not abnormal in the dream). Suddenly I remembered that last-minute assignment which should have been ready by now and instead had been ignored entirely. I got off the couch and went into another room to panic over it.

Normally it would be expected for Einstein to follow me wherever I went, and so I very soon took notice that he was not at my feet. I looked back and saw he remained just lying on the couch.

No comments: