Sunday, November 23, 2008

Two Johns & A Horror Movie Spoof *PLUS* Romantic Baseball & Mustard

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 23, 2008

I was going out to a concert with a large group of people, some of whom I knew and some of whom were new acquaintances that had joined our group just for this event. (I think it was something like the movie group I attend in real life, except this time more of them seemed to be younger people, like teens and very early twenties.)

I was there because my favorite band, They Might Be Giants, were one of the acts playing. I remember we entered into a large "lobby" of sorts in the building where the show was to be held. Then officials began having us break up into smaller groups, and each group was sent into one of many different rooms down a series of corridors. I didn't know which group I should pair up with. I'm not sure how I eventually decided, because my memory grows pretty dim around this point.

My next real memory is we were all re-grouping in the corridor, planning to begin filming a mock horror movie! Sort of a goofy spoof of teen slasher flicks. I was among a handful who were designated to play the killers, and we were chasing down and mock-killing the others in comical, over-the-top ways. I specifically remember one of the female "killers" and I chased down two of the "victim" girls and she held one while I faked killing the other.

Then John Flansburgh and John Linnell of They Might Be Giants came out into the hallway and asked if the group wanted to go join them for some food. We all put the movie on hold, got up and joined them.

We were all seated at a long table in some restaurant. I remember Flansburgh telling some kind of story. There was a small kid there who kept interacting with me, and he was really funny. This is about the last memory I have of this dream.

SECOND DREAM:

I was out of town, visiting some city. Even though I'm not really a sports fan, I attended a baseball game. I remember arriving early to the stadium, which was really impossibly small, and selecting a seat (there were still many available). It was a beautiful, clear day.

An attractive young black girl came and sat beside me, and we talked for a long time, and ended up getting along very well. I don't remember seeing any of the actual baseball game, but it must have taken place, because...

Later, when it was dark and the game was apparently over, she and I took a walk across the empty baseball field. It was starting to feel a bit romantic.

Suddenly, whether the dream suddenly shifted or perhaps I'm remembering a separate dream, I was in someone's home. We were eating at a dinner table and I excused myself to the kitchen to go find some ketchup and mustard. I easily located the ketchup in the refrigerator, but I was having some difficulty tracking down the mustard.

Finally I found it--in the freezer of all places! It's odd how clearly I can see the label in my mind. The brand name was something like "Suzy B." or "Sally B.", and was written in a bright blue font. there was a cartoon bee lazily fishing off the side of a creek. I had a "memory" of using this brand once at a picnic.

Then, while still in the kitchen, I found a computer open to someone's blog, and began exploring the many links within it.

No comments: