Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ancient Mountain Dwellings

MORNING OF JANUARY 2, 2009

For some reason I had parked my car at the apartment building directly across the way from the one I actually live in. And for some reason it was my very first car from back in high school, but that was not an issue in the dream. There were other things going on during this time, but the one clear memory I have is occasionally looking out the window and wondering why my car was all the way over there.

At one point when looking out the window I noticed that in fairly close proximity, just behind my apartment complex, there were mountains. These looked like desert mountains, and they had houses built into them. Sort of like a cross between ancient little adobe huts and the city of Petra that is built into stone.

While this sight was a little surreal to me, I was mainly just interested in how picturesque the scene looked, especially since it was now sunset (and a notably beautiful one). I got out my camera and took a couple of shots from my window. Then I went outside to get closer to this mountain range and take pictures of its odd little houses.

Though I know there was more "story" to the dream than this, I don't recall much beyond this point, except that at some point I no longer had my camera with me and was frustrated that I couldn't take the pictures I had wanted to take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice.

I sometimes have my camera
with me as well.

the mountain/adobe/petra thing
sounds cool. My art history teacher
in college spent a summer excavating in Petra...because his first name was Joe' it lead students to name him "Indiana Joe"

Andrew said...

Yeah, it's not uncommon for my camera to pop up in dreams--mainly because I liked to have it handy in real life "just in case" as well.

Sounds like "Indiana Joe" had a fun summer!