Monday, January 5, 2009

The Minor Wreck

MORNING OF JANUARY 5, 2009

I was driving, I think on my way to work, when I saw another two cars have a minor wreck (they barely sideswiped each other). I came to a stop to see if everyone was okay. One of the drivers was a middle-aged guy, and he was very apologetic about causing the wreck. He had some sob story about how he needed help, but I can't remember exactly what it was. (For some reason the other party involved in the crash was no longer here, this was all between me and the one other driver.)

The man's car only had damage around one of the front headlights and a scrape on the side, so he could still drive it. For some reason, though, I had to go with him as he took the car to a shop to be repaired. I had to call in to work to tell them I'd be late, and for some reason the excuse I gave them was that I had been in a minor wreck myself (though given dream logic, maybe that was actually supposed to be true at this point).

I vaguely remember being at the repair shop, which was an old garage behind a residential home. At one point we went inside the mechanic's home. One of his friends was an African-American midget (or little person, or whatever you like). He was almost impossibly small, and had a very surly disposition. I'll be honest...he was a pretty creepy and unsettling character.

This is pretty much the last of my memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

weird.

I like the bit of dream logic
about you being in an accident-
and then some of the reality...of
having to call into work

the "midget" sounds creepy

Andrew said...

Oh, he was creepy alright!