Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Obama Dance

MORNING OF JANUARY 25, 2009

I was talking to my friends Richard and Jessica, when Jessica asked if either of the other of us could remember "Conan O'Brien's Obama Dance". In the dream I instantly "remembered" the totally fictional fact that during the 2008 election campaign, Conan O'Brien had done a dance called the Obama Dance, which was just a ridiculous spastic thing. And supposedly Richard and I had seen this and continued to do it on occasion as a joke.

But now it had been so long since we'd either seen or mimicked it that neither of us could remember exactly how it went. It was something like the Charleston is the best we could recall.

The next I remember I was with Richard and Jessica's little daughter Cailey, and we'd been sent on a mission by Conan O'Brien himself to ask President Obama if he would officially endorse the Obama dance. We were in my old high school. The first part of the dream, apparently, had taken place in one of the two main campus buildings, and now Cailey and I were walking over to the second, newer building where Obama's office was known to be.

We approached the room that was his supposed office and I began to get nervous. I was thinking, "This man has more important things to do than answer questions about some silly comedy show!" but then I t, "But this is too cool that I'm doing this for Conan's show, I want to be a part of the comedy!"

Suddenly, Obama walked out of the room and proceeded down the hall. I walked up beside him, Cailey still at my other side holding my hand. Obama put his arm around my shoulder as a gesture of welcome and I said something like, "How are you doing, sir?" and he said he was well.

I asked about Conan's dance and he laughed heartily and said he loved it and to tell Conan to please keep using it. There was very little after this, and I can remember none of it clearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

timely dream.

very realistic. given
the nature of the assignment
the style of dance; and the president's reception of it

I had a dream w/ Conan as well
(a year or two back) about how terrorists had seized the nbc
building...etc etc

Andrew said...

Huzzah for Conan dreams!

Funny both our Conan dreams featured his being involved with events or figures you'd find in the headlines.