Friday, January 30, 2009

Thieves and Friends

MORNING OF JANUARY 30, 2009

First, I remember Eric and I went to a fast food restaurant one night. For some reason we went through the drive-through to get the food, but then parked in the parking lot to eat it in the car. While we were eating, we noticed that the restaurant inside was being robbed by two or three men. (This is odd, because a few months ago I had a dream that Eric and I witnessed a convenience store being robbed from out in the parking lot).

The robbers all made their way to a back room, presumably where money or some desirable goods were stored. While they were in the back, Eric and I entered the restaurant! I don't know what we were thinking. Once inside the place, it suddenly was more like a department store than a fast food place.

The crooks came out from the back and Eric and ran to the back of the store to hide behind some shelves. From this point on Eric seems to be just written out of the dream as I continued my misadventure alone (but didn't notice the change in the dream).

I vaguely recall a couple of close scrapes in which I was afraid the villains would see me and possibly harm me, but I somehow managed to escape the store unscathed. I jumped into my car and drove away as quickly as I could.

Apparently I had plans to go to Richard's house some time this dream-evening, because, I decided to go there at this point, even though that would mean "getting there early". Soon after this I remember parking my car in front of Richard's. While still sitting in my car, I leaned my head back and started when I felt it brush against something living...

I turned around to see that one of Richard's cats, Linus, was perched on the headrest of the driver's seat. I was baffled as to how she got there, and she ran when I made a move to take her out of the car. I honestly don't remember if she hid in the car, escpaed when I opened the door, or what.

Now I remember kocking on the front door and Jessica greeted me. She said it was fine that I was early, but Richard wasn't home yet. She was cooking something in the kitchen and we were talking. Cailey was there too, but I can't remember a specific part she played.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! I love reading dreams. I'm pleased I found your blog.

Andrew said...

Thanks for leaving the comment! I'm glad you found the blog as well.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...sounds like the those 2 dreams
are related.

a robbery- probably has to do with
loss or being vulnerable in work/life
but since you walked in; it must mean
you have the situation handled

of course- it could be something
you saw in a movie too:)

Andrew said...

Ha ha...yeah, it could probably be either. The recurrence does make it seem like it might mean something, but in this case I'm not 100% clear on what specifically (if anything).