Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Girl and the So-Called Magic Trick

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 7, 2009

I was in some sort of public location that looked like a cross between a theater lobby and a low-key coffee shop or something. At one point I was seated at a little circular table making smallt talk with another guy and a girl. I remember feeling a definite interest in the girl, and hoping she might have one in me. She had short brunette hair and was supposedly a little-known singer or something to that effect.

The other guy got out some cigars, and she took one. I was disappointed that she smoked, but had developed such an interest in her that I tried to reason it away as, "well, it's just a cigar, it's not like she regularly smokes cigarettes".

Later, I was near the restrooms where there were lines in waiting for both the men's and women's rooms. I eventually went into the men's room and Michael Scott from the U.S. version of The Office was among the people inside. He was unspooling some dental floss and told us he was about to do some kind of magic trick.

In some weird movement that only made sense in dream logic, Michael then managed to climb the dental floss up to the ceiling, removed one of the ceiling tiles, and crawled away.

I left the restroom and found the girl of my interest standing nearby. We began walking away in conversation, and suddenly a wooden ladder just fell down from the ceiling above us and Michael Scott descended it, still tangled in dental floss, proclaiming, "Ta-dah!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wha?

that's pretty cool
another office/ladder dream!

Andrew said...

I know! While the recurring dream cameos by Office characters is easily explicable to me, I was a bit surprised to see another one involving ceilings/ladders so many months after the first one.