Tuesday, February 24, 2009

At the Cabin in the Woods

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 24, 2009

Richard and I, accompanied by an apparently-fictional-but-lovely brunette girl, loaded up in a truck and went to a campsite. (And no, this isn't one of those kinds of dreams). The campgrounds were furnished with cabins, and we were assigned one of our own.

It was near sunset when we arrived. I remember unpacking the truck outside. Richard called our attention to a fairly large snake he'd found curled up in the grass. He nonchalantly grabbed it and tossed it into the woods. I commented on the fact that it never lost its coiled position or even moved a muscle as he threw it and he said that was "because it was asleep".

We had several plastic bags with fruits and vegetables in them. Suddenly the girl began throwing tomatoes at the truck (which, incidentally, was white). One by one they splattered against it. I think Richard and I were both a little annoyed that she was being so wasteful and so destructive. I do specifically remember making the lame joke, "She must think that truck is a bad stage actor!" as she sent the tomatoes flying.

Next we were inside our cabin It had been left in a state of complete and total disarray by the previous occupant. Despite the relatively small size of the place, we each had our own vacuum cleaner in simultaneous use.

I remember I came across a huge pile of used tissues (presumably snot rags). A bit grossed out, I climbed down on the floor beside them and began sucking them all into the hose attachment of my vacuum. About this time the girl bumped into me. She was also crawling on the floor vacuuming at some other mess. Don't hold it against me, but it would seem she had conveniently chosen to wear a french maid uniform while she cleaned.

Then the girl began singing a song as she worked, and her stocking-clad leg began lightly brushing against my own as she was leaning to reach something with her own vacuum. I woke up to discover I was lying in a position in which my sheet was slowly sliding off of me to the side...creating that "brushed-up-against" sensation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of stuff to be perplexed by;

the tomatoes against the truck
could be a real life thing; but the nature of the act itself is very dream-like...really who throws produce
at a truck?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this one. According to some people, snakes in dreams mean ...friends.