Monday, May 11, 2009

Chick-Fil-A and Cardboard Chick

MORNING OF MAY 11, 2009

In reality there is a Chick-Fil-A restaurant located across the street from where I work, and I love Chick-Fil-A. (For anyone reading who doesn't have that restaurant in their region, it's basically a very high-end fast-foodish type place, especially famous for their chicken sandwiches).

In my dream, I heard they were going to close the location near my work due to the recession. This confused me, given I've never seen the place not crowded--but it also upset me greatly, as the only other locations anywhere near me are not near enough to ever be convenient.

The dream somehow shifted to where I was supposedly at work, only it looked more like my apartment. Eric was there hanging out with me. I suddenly had to go to the bathroom, but instead of going to my own (or to the one "at work") I excused myself and walked across the street to the Chick-Fil-A to use theirs.

Once inside, I somehow found out that they had a very striclty endorsed rule against using the restroom if you weren't a paying customer. I also found out that it was now a sit down/dine in type of establishment, complete with waiters and waitresses, etc.

Not being able to to go the bathroom otherwise, I allowed myself to be seated at a table. The waiter asked what I'd like to drink and I asked for just water, because as soon as he went away, I was going to run to the restroom and then leave the store! Eric suddenly showed up and sat down at the table and ordered something to drink for himself.

There was one other dream. In the dream, I was staying at my parents' house, because I actually was staying there this night, for Mother's Day. I was dreaming that it was already morning, and I was taking what would later be my actual morning walk through the neighborhood.

I walked past one house where there was a girl in the driveway trying to load things into the back of a pickup truck. She was around my age with short, dark hair. It looked like most of what she was loading was large, flattened cardboard boxes. There was so much material in so many sizes that she was having a good deal of trouble getting it all packed in, so I stopped to help her.

In the process of loading the cardboard we talked and got to know each other a little bit. Once we finished, she thanked me, and then we both continued on my walk. It wasn't as though she was deliberately joining me, but just as if my dream forgot about her truck, and she was simply continuing on her own way now, which happened to be the same way I was going.

I couldn't decide if I was really "interested" in the girl or not, and was pondering whether or not to express some sort of interest in talking to her further, request her number, whatever. Suddenly, she asked me for my number. I took out a piece of cardboard that I was aparently still holding and began to write my number on it.

Alarm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha

Chick-Fil-A
a sit down restaurant?

nice