Saturday, May 23, 2009

Freeing Puppies

MORNING OF MAY 23, 2009

I was out in the downtown area of some fictional little city one morning. Someone had left puppies on the doorstep of a veterinary clinic, but it was the weekend, so the place was closed. Cruelly, the person who left them had individually and tightly sealed each puppy in a semi-transparent nylon stocking. It seemed they had been there for quite some time before I found them, and they were now barely moving.

I cut the three or four puppies free from their stockings. I was pleased to see they didn't seem, once freed, to be as close to death as they'd seemed before. Indeed, they all ran off down the alley beside the building into a grassy field after I released them. I ran through the field calling after them, but I don't think I ever did find them, because the grass came up to my knees and I couldn't see anything for very far.

I came back to the sidewalk and noticed one other stocking contained a tiny, tiny puppy. It basically looked like a puppy fetus, and it was pretty gross. I wanted to cut it free, but I was actually kind of afraid to for some reason. I don't remember if I did anything, because the dream sort of changed at this point.

The vet's that all of this had been taking place outside of was now a small house, and several people, myself included, were staying in it. It's like we were all on a vacation or trip of some sort, and this was our shared lodging.

The house was filthy, and I felt really germ-o-phobic about staying there, especially eating anything or sleeping on the dirty sheets. At one point I walked into the kitchen and a young girl was openly performing a lewd act on a much older man--just right there in the kitchen. It was not sexy ,it was gross and unsettling!

There was something else about kittens running free in this house, and I think they were supposed to be the "kittens" I had set free earlier on in the dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure about this one
meaning; I don't know what to make of it- if I experienced a similar dream

certainly some nice imagery

Andrew said...

Yeah, it was very strange imagery. A friend had a suggestion for meaning that made a little sense, but overall just...weird!