Friday, May 29, 2009

Iguana

MORNING OF MAY 29, 2009

I was outside in a small, wooded area. A large iguana was slowly climbing the side of one tree. While I regretted not having my real camera with me, I did promptly take out the cell phone and begin snapping pictures. The creature didn't seem to mind my being there at all. In fact, he even seemed to almost "pose" for the pictures (I don't mean in an anthropomorphic sense--he simply seemed to understand that he was being photographed).

I must have called someone to talk about the lizard, because it seems I was explaining it to someone even as it happened. Then the iguana climbed down from the tree, only now it was a lemur instead.

It walked up to me and rubbed around my legs affectionately, as a cat would do. I knelt down and began to pet the lemur. After a few moments it bit at my hand, also much like a cat might do when it was tired of being petted. I backed off from it after this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

photogenic iguanas
excellent!