Friday, May 22, 2009

Disney Dino Ride

MORNING OF MAY 22, 2009

I was at Disney World with my cousin and his parents. My last real life trip to Disney World was actually with them, back in the early 90's. The early part of this dream felt a lot like that trip.

We were in line for water ride. It basically had the look and feel of the actual "Jungle Cruise" ride--going down the river in a large boat. Except this one was supposed to be really intense and exciting, like a roller coaster on the water. We were watching other people on the ride as we moved slowly through the line. At one point, the boat came upon a whirlpool. The water kept spinning until it all went down a drain at the bottom of the "river". The boat was too big to fit down the drain, so it effectively plugged the hole and just sat there in the mud, stranding all of the passengers.

At this point, a couple of Tyrannosaurus Rex's began approaching, but the boat obviously couldn't go anywhere. Suddenly, my companions and I were in the mud with others instead of watching from the sidelines. We ran from the boat and hid among the tall grasses and plants on the shoreline.

From our position we could see a field on the other side of the empty riverbed in which a large number of brachiosaurs were feeding. As we looked at them, my cousin asked me if I had ever seen them before. I told him no, I didn't think Disney had this attraction the last time I was there. I began to try to remember exactly what year I had last visited, and if it was before or after the Jurassic Park movie had come out (because apparently this ride was inspried by it).

There was one other dream I recall in which I was getting up early in the morning (but I was staying at someone else's house, apparently). Halfway through getting ready in the bathroom, I realized I'd set my alarm wrong and had gotten up a couple of hours earlier than I needed to. This, obviously, was a very exciting dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun

I like the "water ride of carnage"
or at least, implied carnage

Andrew said...

It did actually seem like a cool ride! Too bad it's probably too dangerous to every execute in real life.