Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hurry UP!

MORNING OF MAY 27, 2009

I was at work and was asked to deliver a package to some business that was roughly a two hour drive away (this is not typically a part of my job). The problem with this was that it was already getting close to the end of the shift, and it looked like I'd probably be clocking out late by the time I'd made my trip and returned. This was complicated by the fact that I was supposed to see the new Pixar movie, Up, after work and did not want to miss it!

I vaguely recall the drive to the place. It was apparently some kind of charity or ministry organization. A middle aged woman greeted me and was very grateful that I'd delivered the package. She introduced me to the rest of the very small staff, who were all seated around a circular table as though they'd been having a meeting.

One person on the staff was a girl, probably a little younger than me. Suddenly, most of the other employees began dropping all kinds of not-so-subtle hints that this girl and I should go out together, and it was obviously embarrassing the both of us. There was some kind of volunteer event the girl was going to be working at, and they kept suggesting I could help her by volunteering as well. I think I eventually agreed to it. (I actually found to girl to be fairly appealing--I was just put off by being nearly forced into the thing by others.)

I once again have vague memories of returning to work and rushing to make the movie. Then more vague memories of actually seeing the movie. I could see specific scenes in the dream, but I can't remember them anymore (and since the movie isn't quite out yet, they were all obviously fictional scenes).

No comments: