Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pages and Props

MORNING OF MAY 30, 2009

First I remember sitting out on the front steps of my workplace with a laptop computer (I, sadly, don't actually own one). I was watching a YouTube video clip of an appearance that Bettie Page had supposedly made on Late Night with David Letterman back in the 80's. Even though it was the 80's, Bettie only looked marginally older than in her classic 50's pin up photos, and she was even dressed in similar period lingerie for the interview, only partly covered by some type of robe.

After watching this clip (which fascinated me because I didn't know such a thing existed), I went back into the storage bay at work. Supposedly some vandals had struck over the weekend, and we were trying to repair things ourselves (however, "we" consisted of my friend Eric, who doesn't work there, and some random other guy). The vandalism consisted largely of graffiti on the walls, though I can't remember what it said/depicted.

Eric, this other guy, and I apparently were now roommates in a small house that we'd just moved into.
The predominate color scheme of the house was grays and cool blues. I vaguely remember going back there after work, and we were all in our separate rooms. I was getting ready to take a shower, but then I did't know how we were going to decide who took one first. That's when I realized we each had our own bathroom/shower in our bedroom, which was convenient.

My next memory seems to be that I'm in my room making my bed in the early morning, and I'm missing my "old" roommate-free apartment (the one I actually live in).

Next, Eric and I are in some kind of entertainment store. The kind that sells CDs, DVDs, and related merchandise at unneccessarily expensive prices. Given the prices, I wasn't really considering buying anything, so I was quickly growing bored. Eric was looking for deals in the used CD bins and such, and I was just browsing to kill time.

I saw a Bettie Page book at one point and flipped through it (an apparent throwback to her appearance earlier in the dream). One thing featured within the book was a comic book story in which Bettie had adventures drawn in the Dan DeCarlo/"Archie" style.

Then I became aware that there were authentic movie props on display in this store, and I recognized a couple of things from Hellboy 2, eventhough they weren't things that are really in that movie. Some kind of ancient-looking weapons and body armor or something.

And this is about all I can recall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun read.
I like the reappearance of
Betty later on in the dream

it makes it seem somewhat coherent