Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Orlando Plush

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 15, 2009

I've got a short trip to Disney World coming up soon in real life, and in this dream I was already there. Only in the dream, it was Eric who had gone with me, even though he's not attending in real life. We were in our hotel and he explained to me that it was apparently common knowledge that every hotel in Orlando sold special collector's plush animals. It was common for visitors to try to collect one of each animal over the course of all their visits. Each hotel was represented by a different animal, and ours happened to sell plush chimps.

Though I have no real-life collection of plush things, I decided I might as well go in for the tradition and went down to the gift shop. The plush chimps were very small, cheap little beanie things. They came in different shades, but they were all shades of brown! I was looking for any potentially more interesting colors when I saw some that were different shades of green. Upon closer inspection, the green ones were actually plush Godzillas! Then I noticed a couple of plush, green Spider-Man villains (Electro and the Scorpion).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

scientists open Andrew's Brain to reveal that it is a pop culture jell-o mold- stuffed with little plastic action figures

this sounds almost too real.
I'm sure they have themed characters
for the hotel gift shops. I know that they have character breakfasts.

Andrew said...

Ha ha...I definitely have way too much pop culture saturating my brain (and least of the geek-friendly variety).

And odd that they really might have something similar to this....I haven't been do Disney is so very many years now that I don't remember...