Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weird Movies and Wild Drivers

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 24, 2009

I went to a theater with a couple for friends. What we ended up seeing was some sort of bizarre, live satellite broadcast on the theater screen. I don't remember much about it, except there were girls, and I know it seemed shocking and lewd to the point of making me a bit uncomfortable.

Then, there seemed to be an interlude in which there were a couple of speakers who addressed us from within the audience. When they were finished, another show started, but it was more like a community theater type of play that was being broadcast in the theater.

Eventually I remember leaving. I was parked on a higher level in a parking garage, and for some reason my vehicle was a massive pickup truck (I've never driven one of those in real life). As I approached the truck, I saw there were several teenage hoodlums hanging around it, which made me uneasy.

When I tried to get in my car, they very sarcastically made way for me, but were still harassing me a bit. The car parked on my driver's side was parked very close to me, making it hard to squeeze into my door without banging it into the side of their car. One of the teenage hoodlums grabbed my door and pushed it hard into the other car so that it made a scratch and laughed. I was very mad, but just got in my truck and left.

As I drove down the road on my way home, I was driving up a hill were there was no visibility as to what might be coming in the other direction. Suddenly, a convertible sports car with the top down came launching over the crest of the hill, literally lifting into the air like in a movie. I was just able to swerve out of the way, over the curb on the side of the road and into someone's lawn. If I hadn't done this, the other car would have landed on me and that would have been the end.

I looked in my rear-view mirror to see the car hit the pavement and lose control, flipping over and over and over in a horrible wreck. I felt sick and panicked as I watched--and woke up.

No comments: