Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weight Gain and Naps

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2009

First I remember going to some event where I ran into Richard. In real life Richard has lost tons of weight, gotten into shape, and become quite the health nut in the past couple of years. When I saw him in the dream, he has started go gain a good bit of weight back.

He told me it was 30-something pounds he'd gained. He was obviously really concerned about it, and yet kept making excuses for why he'd let it happen. I was really sad that he'd fallen off the wagon after being so happy in his new lifestyle.

Then I remember being at my grandmother's house. I don't remember my grandmother being there, but my mom and I seemed to be staying there. It was very early in the morning and I was getting ready to go somewhere--possibly to work, I assume.

I went outside where my car was parked in the driveway, and all of the sudden Richard (the somewhat overweight version from before) and a girl I went to high school with but have not seen since (except for the Facebook universe) walked up.

The three of us sat inside my parked car, talking for a while. Richard and the girl kept complaining of being tired and sleepy, and finally both fell asleep right there in their seats. I went back inside to finish getting ready. I took some kind of pastry or something from the cabinet and was eating it when I suddenly "remembered" that Einstein, the geriatric family dog that lives with my parents, was here and needed to bed fed before I left!

I only had a few minutes before I had to be gone, so I started trying to rush Einstein's things together to take out to him. But then my next recollection is being back in the driveway and realizing I'd need to wake up Richard and the girl and get them out of my car so I could leave. My last memory is, vaguely, of rousing them.

No comments: