Sunday, March 7, 2010

Auto Theft and the Really Shy Girl

MORNING OF MARCH 7, 2010

I was with one of my friends in a shopping center when suddenly she decided she was in a hurry to leave. I followed her outside, wondering what her rush was. She couldn't remember where she parked, so she "saved some time" by breaking into an SUV that had been parked on the curb!

Not thinking, I got into the car with her and we rode away. After a brief period of time, I realized that I could be arrested as an accomplice just for riding in the car with her, so I demanded that she let me out. She was reluctant, but ultimately did.

Then I remember some final dream in which I was in a grocery store with a small group of fictional people, most of whom were quite a bit younger than me (in their late teens and early twenties, perhaps). One young girl in a gray hoodie was hanging out with our group, and she stood out because she was so shy and quiet and timid.

In fact, her behavior made it seem like she was being forced to hang out with this group against her will. A couple of the guys in the group seemed like real jerks and I wondered if they had anything to do with it. I think the girl sensed that I wasn't really one of these people and began to gravitate towards me. Still, she almost never spoke.

The last thing I remember is all of us crammed into an elevator. The shy girl kept pushing into me and she looked so scared. I had begun to feel protective of her, like an older brother (she was much too young for there to have been a romantic interest). During the elevator ride I ascertained that those two jerk guys planned to deliver them to one of their friends as "his new girlfriend". I knew I had to think of a way to stop them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good but...
a cliffhanger?, that's not fair

Andrew said...

Tell me about it!