Monday, March 15, 2010

Man's Best Friend

MORNING OF MARCH 15, 2010

There was a big dog. In some parts of the dream it was a German Shepherd, and in other parts it was a Golden Retriever, but it was always supposed to be the same dog (I didn't notice the breed changes in the dream).

It was a beautiful dog, as happy and kind and friendly as they so often tend to be. I remember it was two years old,and I had to make a decision as to whether or not I would adopt it or give it up to someone else. I wanted it badly, but I knew that, conversely, I didn't want that size of dog in my apartment (not to mention the other logistical real-life reasons for not having a dog right now). Still, this was such a wonderful dog I was seriously considering it.

I think the whole dream was just me spending time with the dog. First, indoors for a little while, and then out in some kind of park. It was so nice just to be near it and experience its canine companionship. A very peaceful and warm dream.

No comments: