Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Girl in the Shop

MORNING OF MARCH 30, 2010

I was with my parents and a couple of other family members in a car. We were coming home from some place fairly late at night. When passing down a small street full of shops and I saw a certain one was still open, I asked if we could stop so I could check on something there.

The shop just seemed to be a thrift store or some kind of place. There was a girl who appeared to be just a little younger than me working the counter. She was pale with dark brown or black hair. It was obvious she was getting ready to close up shop for the night. I asked her something about sunglasses, and she showed me a really ugly pair and said it was all they had in stock.

We stood over the glass display counter and ended up talking for several minutes, apparently hitting it off quite nicely. She had very quirky and unusual personality. Finally I realized I'd left my family waiting in the car and decided I'd better get back out there. The girl and I swapped e-mail addresses and phone numbers on the backs of our respective business cards.

Back in the car, my family members were angry with me for the delay. I don't just mean they were annoyed, I mean they were inordinately angry. It seems a few more things happened, but the only other memory I have is that I received an e-mail from the girl fro the shop and was reading it. It was very, very quirky and humor-laden.

No comments: