Monday, March 29, 2010

Kate Was at the Party

MORNING OF MARCH 28, 2010

I was at some sort of party in some kind of swanky apartment. I vaguely recall that some of my friends were there, the place was mostly just filled with random, fictional strangers. Somewhere in the mix I ended up talking with Kate Winslet, and it was as though we had history together. I kept wondering how I ever "let her get away" and such.

As we talked at the party, she was drinking. After she was more than a little tipsy she took me by the hand and led me to one of the bedrooms in the apartment. It looked like the extra bedroom and my grandmother's house. We sat on the bed and continued to talk and then...well...you know...hot & heavy and all. But things only went so far, because....

I suddenly realized one of my friends was sitting in the room with us and this successfully put a damper on things. I felt embarrassed that they'd watched. Kate left the room to get yet another drink and I was left alone to contemplate. At first I was horrified when I suddenly remembered she was married, but then I remembered hearing somewhere recently that her marriage had ended, so I figured I was OK on that front. I even began to wonder if that meant this was my chance to rekindle whatever history we supposedly had in this dream reality.

I don't recall much else from that one.

There was some other dream later on in which I was walking through a mall department store. There were several "True Crime" sort of pulp novels and magazines sitting out on top of the display cases where the perfume and such was located. I can remember looking at a couple of those.

Then I went outside and got on a large boat, a yacht, perhaps. There were many people on the boat, but there were two girls, a blonde and a brunette, that caught my eye. They were not twins, though they were dressed almost identically in tank tops and skirts. The difference was that the brunette girl's top had the Batman insignia on it and the blonde's had the Superman insignia. At one point they were leaning over the rails of the boat looking into the water when I noticed their underpants had Batman and Superman artwork as well. And somewhere around this point the alarm went off.

No comments: