Saturday, March 6, 2010

A New Shop Opens

MORNING OF MARCH 6, 2010

It was a beautiful day and for some reason I was eating my lunch on a stone picnic table in front of an old, abandoned storefront. Later, someone was explaining to me that a woman had bought that store and was turning it into a sex shop. When they told me this, I "remembered" I had seen some woman working inside the empty building while I was eating.

The next thing you know, the store is officially open, and I went inside it on a lark. It didn't look like a sex shop, but looked more like a comic book store. One wall was full of air fresheners--the type you hang from your rear view mirror. They all featured various comic book, cartoon, and otherwise geek-friendly characters. I recall one in particular had WALL-E.

Finally, I dreamed that I was lying in my bed listening to the song, "I Never Cared For You" by Willie Nelson, but there was a slightly different tune and the title line was repeated incessantly. I looked down on the floor beside the bed and saw the art book I self published a couple of years ago featuring my "Jenn & Bueno" characters.

Beside that was a Ziplock bag, empty except for being puffed up with air. Still hearing the Willie Nelson song, I came to the conclusion that this was Willie Nelson's bag, and he had filled it with air that smelled like pot, so he could take a whiff every now and then! I'm laughing even as I type this part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perfect dream logic (about the bag)

IMO
Parallels can easily be made between
Comic Book and Sex shops?