Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Big Ole Truck

MORNING OF APRIL 13, 2010

I saw a commercial on TV for a new "Chevy truck". It was advertised, with the macho male announcer voice, as though it were a regular pickup truck or something of that nature, though it was actually a semi truck with not one, but several lengthy flatbed trailers hitched behind it. Seriously, we're talking at least four or five full length flatbed trailers. This thing would have been impossible to actually maneuver on the roads. And yet it was advertised as an awesome new general consumer vehicle!

The next thing I remember, I was with my parents. For whatever reason, we were having to pack up a lot of things in boxes as though someone was moving, or at least getting rid of a lot of stuff. Suddenly one of those mega-trucks from the commercial pulled up and my dad said we'd load all the stuff onto it so we only had to make one trip!

My mom was the first to comment on the fact that it was too long to possibly drive on the roads. I remember looking down the driveway and the trailers went on farther than my eyes could see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is one big ole truck:)