Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Saving the Dog

MORNING OF APRIL 7, 2010

There was a burning house. My very geriatric dog, Einstein, was trapped inside. He's the family dog that lives with my parents (I have no dog all my own), though I'm pretty sure this wasn't supposed to be their house.

One of my friends, I think Eric, and I went into the house to save him. I remember walking around all the flames and smoke until we found him lying on his bed. He wasn't unconscious, he was just lying there looking up at us as though he were too weak and/or scared to move. We picked him up and carried him safely out.

My last memory is stepping back out onto the lawn and the firefighters and small crowd of onlookers were clapping and expressing their happiness. Then I realized just how foolhardy my actions had been and began to feel retroactively terrified!

No comments: