Friday, April 2, 2010

Floating

MORNING OF APRIL 2, 2010

This was actually a brief dream I had during the 10 minute "snooze" on my alarm this morning. I was in my apartment, which looked different than it really does, getting ready for work. I had two or three roommates who were all fictional people. We were talking about how late I was going to be if I didn't hurry, but I finally made it out the door in time.

Then I was in a beautiful forest. I seemed to be flying, or gliding just above the ground. I just remember all the scenery gently floating past me on the beautiful spring day. It was so gorgeous, relaxing and serene.

I knew I was passing through these woods to meet a girl I knew. She lived in a village deep within this woods. I thought I knew a shortcut to where she lived. I flew/glided/floated up a steep hill to a rock ledge. I had in mind that when I looked over the rock ledge I'd have a view of her village in the valley below, but when I looked down I only saw a steep cliff that dropped miles down. Even though I was apparently able to fly in the dream, the height here scared me and I backed off.

I wondered how I could have been wrong, that my girl wasn't just over that ledge...and where could she be if not there? Alarm.

No comments: