Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Lost Whodunit

MORNING OF APRIL 3, 2010

This was a much more complex dream than I can remember the details of. All I know is that I was with many of the characters from the TV show, "Lost", along with a few random other people. We were all staying within the crumbling remains of an ancient underground city of some sort.

The main point I recall is that many of us were gathered in a small, stone room lit by torches. Events were unfolding like one of those "Clue" style murder mysteries, where all the suspects are in the same room while someone paces to-and-fro trying to deduct who was the guilty party (what the crime was in this case, I cannot remember).

Whoever the person shouting out the deductions and accusations was pointed to each and every one of us
(including myself), ruling us out with a precise explanation before he finally pointed to Sawyer and Juliet. For some reason he was able to explain why they had committed the crime. Sawyer was angry and incredulous. I didn't really believe it either.

I think I woke up a little at this point and went back to sleep. there was another dream that took place in someone's house where a lot of people were staying. I think I may have reasoned in my dream that these were supposed to be the same group from the previous "Lost" dream.

The only part of this dream I remember is that a group of teenage girls had one of those large workout balls and they rolled it over to the doorway. The ball was pretty much as wide as the doorway was, and they stopped it there. Making sure they had the attention of at least some of us in the room, they began to climb up on top of the ball and jump off in various goofy ways. They thought it was so funny.

One of the girls stood precariously on top of the ball, preparing to leap off, when she lost her balance and fell straight forward. She landed face-first on the floor in a way that looked like it had to have broken her neck at the very least. After a gasp of terror from me and everyone else who saw, the girl leaped right up, unaffected (but a little embarrassed) and climbed back up on the ball to try it again.

No comments: