Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stolen Glasses and More

MORNING OF APRIL 18, 2010

First I remember being with a group of friends and acquaintances (most of them probably fictional). We were in a room just hanging out, maybe watching TV, whatever. I fell asleep at one point. I had been wearing my glasses as opposed to my contacts this day, so when I woke up, I immediately put my glasses back on. My vision seemed different now, a little worse.

After what seemed like a few minutes, I finally figured out that my glasses were a different pair entirely! They looked really weird, with triangular lenses and stuff. The prescription was obviously not mine.

Then I was in a hallway at what looked like a school. The ex-wife of a friend of mine that I never see anymore approached me and pulled my real glasses out of her purse. She very maniacally explained to me that she had stolen my glasses because she knew I'd stolen something of hers (a shirt, I think she might have said). This was a ridiculous claim, because I'd never heard of the thing she was talking about, didn't care about it, and would never have taken it. Still, she wouldn't give my glasses back until I produced this item and gave it back to her.

I very angrily confronted her, but in this crowded hallway I didn't want to cause a scene, nor did I want to take back the glasses by violence, given she was a girl. She ended up walking away with the glasses still in her possession. I decided I'd have to report her to the authorities, in this case the principal, given we were in a school.

But I realized I couldn't remember her maiden name! What was her full name now that she was no longer married to my friend? I asked all of my friends and they couldn't remember either. I couldn't figure out how to report her without a full name. I think someone finally remembered it and told me, but really the dream sort of fades at this point.

Next, I was with someone, I think Lisa, and we were walking down a road in what was supposed to be Ireland. It was a pretty, country road with little cottages here and there. At one point there was a medium-sized dog trotting about and I followed it, trying to get it to come with us, because I was afraid one of the occasionally passing cars might hit it on the road. It never did come with us, concerned only with its own adventures.

Shortly after, a small, yip-yip dog of some sort approached us on the same road and kept nipping at my heels, annoying me greatly. "This is the dog that wants to follow me." I thought.

Finally, was another dream in which Richard and Jessica and I met together at another person's house (I can't remember the other person). They really wanted to go see some nature documentary that had just been released to theaters (my brain must be thinking of DisneyNature's upcoming Oceans). In the dream, I'd already seen it but didn't mind going with them to see it again, though I was surprised Richard wanted to see it more than Iron Man 2, which, in my dream, was also opening that weekend.

Also, Sheryl Crow was there and was planning on going to the movies with us. Go figure.

No comments: