Monday, May 10, 2010

The Affair

MORNING OF MAY 10, 2010

Disclaimer: The subject matter of this dream has no basis in any realistic situations. It's as entirely silly as most of my dreams, and was probably largely inspired by the episode of The Office I'd watched that week.

My boss was having an affair with a younger woman. She was a good bit younger than him, but only very slightly older than me, probably in her late thirties. A very attractive brunette who seemed to dress in sensible business attire. For some reason I had to attend some kind of dinner meeting with the two of them. They for some reason seemed to be fine with my knowing their secret.

The thing was, at this dinner, the woman flirted with me any and every chance she got. Eventually the two of us became physical and ended up an item (my boss was just suddenly out of the picture at this point).

Then I was back at work and I saw both my boss and this lady again. My boss explained that corporate had found out about the affair and fired him. The woman suddenly looked older--significantly older than me now--and I couldn't remember what the attraction had been between us (she no longer showed any signs of it herself, either).

Regardless, my boss still encouraged the two of us to do things together. He said there was some kind of "animation forum" being held nearby, and that we should attend. We kept shooting each other looks as though we agreed we were unwilling but didn't know how to tell him. This is pretty much all I remember.

In a different dream I was at the zoo. I saw a hippopotamus wading in a pool and it suddenly starting performing all kinds of unlikely tricks. No trainer was nearby--nothing was provoking it at all. It's as though the animal was performing just for me. And so naturally I realized I had forgotten my camera!

Then, suddenly, the hippo was a gorilla. The gorilla was behaving in a similarly photogenic manner. I suppose I simply willed my camera into the dream, because now it was with me. But whenever pressed the shutter button, it simply washed a color filter over the image on the digital screen. It never actually snapped a photo.

No comments: