Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Stuffed House

MORNING OF MAY 15, 2010

It seemed at first like I was at some sort of comic book/sci-fi/anime convention. I had some samples of my artwork there. I also had "tickets" or "passes" to some event that was to be held later that evening. I was going to raffle away my extra passes in some manner that would also help sell my art. I remember setting up a table/booth to feature these things but, before I was finished, I had to go ask my friend Eric a question.

Eric was in a room that looked more or less like a bedroom. There was a shelf full of all sorts of random collectibles, and he began to show me some of the cool things he'd found (collecting random knick-knacks like this is not very Eric in reality). I wish I could remember all of the things he showed me, because they were so strange. One of them was a brass Tiger with gold-painted trim. While the tiger was an individual piece, it could be nestled into the hand of a sculpted female idol of some sort.

At one point I suddenly remembered my half-set-up table on the convention floor, and was afraid people might be stealing the things I'd left unattended. But before I could do anything about it, our friend Zach joined us and he and Eric and I went into the living room of my grandmother's house and turned on the TV.

We watched a pizza commercial during which my grandmother entered the room and commented on how loud it was. Then she asked what we wanted to eat. Zach reminded me and Eric that we'd really been wanting to try this new (fictional) pizza place called "The Stuffed House". We agreed we should go get some.

There was some other dream during the night in which I was walking through a mall and ran into a girl I used to like in my teenage days. We walked and talked together for a bit and it was nice, but I had to remind myself that it wasn't my teenage days anymore, and it was too late to do anything about it. Then Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books was suddenly there as well, and she was friends with this girl. (Hermione looked like a hybrid of the actress who plays her in the movies and the way I've always imagined the character in my head when reading the books.)

No comments: