Monday, December 27, 2010

Squatters in a Hotel

MORNING OF DECEMBER 27, 2010

I was in a large facility that basically looked like a posh hotel, only it was very obviously abandoned and in the early stages of decline. Many people had begun living there like "squatters", and I was among them. There was a feel as though this were some sci-fi movie, and masses of people were being forced to live like this because of some tragedy or disaster.

I had met up with an ex-girlfriend among the throngs of squatters, and we were sitting on the floor in an area, just talking. Suddenly she confronted me, accusing me of being "an atheist", and really insulting me about it. Then an intercom announcement called me to the "office" of this facility.

I remember a long walk in which I took in the scenery of all the masses huddled around in this formerly fancy hotel. Apparently all of the rooms were filled, because a lot of the people had set up boxes or tents along the hallways. One group of people had a structure that looked like a big version of the old Fisher Price "Little People" barn!

There was very little light to walk by. Only the emergency lighting was on at this time. Finally I arrived at "the office" I had been called to. Some woman was in charge, and I had to wait to see her because she wanted to talk to me. About this time the dream simply changed.

Now I was in line to meet "Weird Al" Yankovic. At his table were a variety of watercolor prints featuring subjects like rain forests, toucans, kangaroos, etc. He was signing these for people, though they weren't his paintings. I couldn't figure out the connection.

No comments: