Monday, December 27, 2010

The Weird Indoor Playground/Games Area

MORNING OF DECEMBER 26

I remember the band Metric had released either a (fictional) new single or a new album called "Bastard". I was discussing it with some friends on Twitter, and intended to purchase it when I had a chance.

Then I remember leaving a hotel room with Lisa. We met some strange lady that spoke to us briefly, but I can't recall the conversation. On our way out of the hotel we passed through a gift shop. I saw a Metric T-shirt for the new "Bastard" song, and I also saw a cool T-shirt which featured a mash-up of "Scott Pilgrim" and "How to Train Your Dragon".

Next we were in a room that looked like an indoor playground. There were many tall slides, including one that was somehow designed to look like a scene from "Indiana Jones". At the bottom of the slide, you slid into a fake snake pit.

There was also a bowling alley in this area, only you had to slip and slide down the alley and crash into the pins with your body instead of a ball. It was bizarre! And at some point we were informed that this wacky play area was all owned by Snoop Dogg.

About this time I went to the restroom. Guys in their kept coming up to me and telling me they liked my "Fatback & Skinny McLean" comics. I sadly haven't given much attention to those characters in the past few years, so I wondered how these people were so familiar with them--and why every man in the bathroom seemed to be a fan!

When I returned to me friends, they explained that was a "gay bathroom" and Fatback & Skinny had become very popular in the gay community.

Eric and I went into a gift shop and they had holograms of pets! Just little semi-translucent projections of cats or dogs that you could interact with. They were really cool.

When we left the gift shop to return to the bowling area, we saw Richard was now trying it. He'd devised a special method for slamming into the pins head-first, and we thought it looked painful.

No comments: