Friday, April 27, 2012

Costume Shopping

MORNING OF APRIL 27, 2012

I remember driving out of town to meet some friends one night in a little (fictional?) town. Once there, I can remember driving past a variety of shops and strip malls, and one very large facility that looked like a huge Victorian style house.

Ultimately I ended up in a store that sold Halloween costumes and supplies. For some reason my parents were there. There was a rack that sold nothing buy "Pee Wee Herman" costume suits in various sizes. My parents were each trying on one of these suits over their clothes, and were recommending that I should be Pee Wee for Halloween (I've actually considered this on past Halloweens, and was considering it again in the dream.)

Then I saw some accessories that I thought would make for a good "Woody from Toy Story" costume (another I once considered in real life). The next bit of the dream focused on me looking to see if I could find enough items to put that costume together successfully. I couldn't find an appropriate hat, but I remembered I'd seen a hat store on my drive into town, so I went to look at the hat store.

The inside of the hat store was basically like a maze or labyrinth, and it was impossible to find anything. One portion of the maze ended in a room that looked like a very stripped-down, basic version of a fast food restaurant--I think it was a Wendy's.

I think I did eventually find the hat portion of the store, but at this point my memory gets pretty vague.

No comments: