Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fake I.D.

MORNING OF APRIL 4, 2012

One night I was trying to enter some sort of airport-like facility. The place was very crowded, and I was stuck in one of many long lines outside, waiting to gain entrance. When I finally got to the front of the line, the security personnel rejected my papers or my ID or something and told me I couldn't go inside.

Disgruntled, I somehow found a way to sneak in along with another group of people. As I walked through the lobby, I noticed a large display near some of the front desks with an "Alice in Wonderland" theme. I wasn't sure what the occasion was.

Someone explained to me that there was a guy outside who could make fake I.D.'s for people who were unable to get inside. For some reason, despite the fact that I had already gotten inside, I went back outside to ask this guy for fake papers. He had a small crowd around him, and he was handing people fake I.D.'s out of a fanny pack around his waist.

Finally, the dream shifted to where I was, while still in the airport-like facility, performing improv with a local improv troupe that I often see in real life (and with whom I'm currently taking a "Beginner's Improv 102" class). The previous pair on the stage had just done an "Alice in Wonderland" themed bit, inspired by the previously mentioned decorations.

It was my turn to go on, so I walked over to the prop table where various wigs and hats were laid out. I found a pair of cat ears and a tail which I quickly donned, thinking I'd continue the "Alice" theme by being a Chesire Cat. Once taking the stage, however, I realized I had no idea of where to go with it.

No comments: