Monday, April 16, 2012

Improvisational Trumpeting

MORNING OF APRIL 16 2012

In real life, as a few other recent dream entries will attest, I'm currently taking a level two improv comedy class hosted by a local troupe. In my dream, I was attending a performance by said troupe, only I was supposed to be taking part in it as well. This made me extremely nervous, as I rightly didn't feel prepared to put on a real show!

When I was called upon to appear in my first skit of the evening, I began it by pretending to be a trumpet player, first pantomiming the trumpet and then speaking in a Louis Armstrong type voice. One of my fellow classmates was in this scene with me, but I don't remember much more about it.

After my first scene, I took my seat next to the other players who weren't currently on stage. One of the girls and I got into a conversation about photography, which turned out to be a mutual interest. Then she began to talk to me about gardening, which was apparently another hobby.

No comments: