Sunday, April 15, 2012

Infested Taxidermy

MORNING OF APRIL 15, 2012

While my actual birthday is in February, I was celebrating my birthday in my dream. Some friends had gotten together and gave me a few gifts.

One gift was a plastic lunchbox of the sort I used to carry to school as a kid. this one featured Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy on the front. They were drawn in a very stylized, unique style, quite different from the standard Disney style, and I liked it. My friends had packed the lunchbox with a few other random items, all featuring the same stylized artwork of Disney's big three.

Another gift came in a fairly large box. My parents, who were there, explained to me that it was a gift one of my dad's friends from England had shipped to me. The box contained an actual, stuffed taxidermy do-do bird! The bird had been posed as though it were using it's wing as a hand, holding and eating a peeled banana.

The banana, too, was an actual banana that had been somehow preserved for the sake of this stuffed art. It looked a little rotten and worse for wear in spite of this, however. I picked at it, and part of it fell away, revealing hundreds of tiny, black bugs crawling around inside the rotten fruit!

At this point I noticed that the entire taxidermy creature was infested with this black bugs. I threw it back in the box, taped it up, and ran outside with it. I hoped to dispose of it before those bugs go all over the inside of the house.

The front yard I ran into looked like that of the house we lived in when I was a teenager. I threw the box into a ditch by the road at the edge of the yard and came partially open. It was soon swarming with the black bugs. I got a can of bug spray and tried to cover the thing with it. This is my last memory of what was a very freaky dream!

There was some other dream I'd been having earlier in the night and had briefly woken up from. All I remember is that I was supposedly training two new employees at work (this is something I used to have to do a few years ago, when we used to hire part-timers, but haven't actually done in ages).

I was training them on one piece of equipment, and they kept mashing the wrong sequence of buttons. The equipment, in real life, was just a program on a computer, but in the dream it seemed like there could be dangerous results to their not hitting the right buttons, so I was getting nervous.

Eventually I exited the room, leaving these two to continue to goof around and misuse the machine. No sooner was I out the door than I saw a bright flash and heard a small "boom". It startled me so that I woke up.

No comments: