Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bye from Bueno

MORNING OF JUNE 27, 2008

Richard and Jessica and I had been elected to something. I don't know if it was political or just some committee or what, but it was supposedly important and even a little urgent.

We had to travel to another city for official duties, and we were going by train. I recall boarding together and noting that the inside of the train looked more like a bus (exactly like a bus, even). Richard and I took a seat together, and Jessica took a seat nearby with a girl who was supposed to be a friend of hers.

Suddenly their daughter, Cailey, came on board, saying something like, "Hey, Mommy, Daddy, Andrew, wait! I've got to give you hugs goodbye!" Then I noticed that my cartoon creation, Bueno the dog, was walking calmly along behind Cailey. He was in "animated" form, interacting with his environment like unto Roger Rabbit or something. The mere shock of realizing what I was seeing was enough to wake me.

(Incidentally, this is the first time I can remember a specific one of my characters ever appearing to me as a living character in a dream. I've had many dreams of myself drawing or writing characters, or seeing them in products, but never seen one as an interactive character before now.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a dream:)
cool.