Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Time Capsule and the Pirate

MORNING OF JUNE 12, 2008

First I remember a man hosting an interview-style TV show. His guest was a caucasian man who used a ventriloquist puppet that had a stereotypical Indian accent and style (along the lines of Apu from the Simpsons). The Indian puppet was very insulting towards the host, and the host got tired of being a good sport and physically attacked the puppeteer.

Richard and I knew of an old tree (I think it was in his back yard) that had a deep hollow in the trunk. We decided we were going to plant a "time capsule" of sorts into the hole for future generations. I can't remember much of anything we gathered to use. I do recall that I took a crumpled piece of paper and drew some crude caveman-style drawings of a stick figure placing items into the hollow of a tree. I told Richard, "This is so people of the future will have some grasp of our culture and of who placed these things here." For some reason we thought it was really funny.

Then Richard and I were in a car trying to use a drive-through ATM machine and it wasn't cooperating.

At some point I remember talking to someone (not even sure who) on the phone and they told me that they were certain their cat had killed a mouse in their house, but they couldn't find the mouse. I asked them, "If there's a dead mouse in your house wouldn't you be able to smell where it generally was?"

There was some sort of computer animated movie I was watching. The main characters were these nondescript blobs with faces. I think they were supposed to be aliens on another planet, but they had a society like human society. The main character was in a cafe one day when a regular human pirate who looked similar to, but wasn't supposed to be, Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean, walked in. (The pirate was flesh and blood as opposed to animated.)

The other aliens were scared of him. The main character talked with the pirate and, upon discovering he was "intelligent" because he could speak and read the print on the character's T-shirt, befriended him.

Then I remember it was I who was speaking to the pirate. I brought him into this room where people were playing board games. One man was playing a game that looked like "Risk" with a bunch of ladies (he was a real James Bond sort). I presented the pirate to him and he very excitedly said something like, "Oh, good, finally a worthy opponent!"

Then I remember sitting out in a baseball field with a friend, probably Eric, and we were waiting for other people--presumably other potential baseball players--to arrive. (This is all the more strange because neither I nor Eric are remotely inclined to any sport). The first people to show up were two guys of middle eastern descent (odd because of the puppet at the beginning of these dreams, but maybe not so odd because I'd already woken and thought about the puppet before resuming sleep and having this dream). The two others sat down in the grass beside us and we began discussing the difference of our cultures. Alarm goes off.

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Great Blog!
I enjoyed it.
feel free to read and comment my blog, i'd really appreciate it.
:]