Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Neighbors and the Party

MORNING OF JUNE 22, 2008

I was at what was supposed to be my friend Richard and Jessica's new house. They were showing me around. It was a nice place, but I remember it had some very strange, ultra-mod decor that I found an odd choice for them. Lots of abstract sculptures and such. They showed me one of the bedrooms and it even had abstract sculptures of human-like shapes in various compromising positions on and around the beds. Just very strange.

They told me they were throwing a huge party that night for lots of people they knew and told me I could come if I wanted. True to real life, I wasn't huge on the idea of big parties, but neither did I want to shirk the invitation. At any rate, the party wasn't until that night and in the meantime I had to go home for a while (I lived in a different house--and indeed a house not an apartment--in the dream as well).

The location of our houses was funny. In real life there is Chick-Fil-A restaurant right across the street from where I work. In my dream, my house was located where I work, and Richard's house was located where the Chick-Fil-A actually is.

I remember being in my house for a while, I think I was eating supper or something mundane like that. Then eventually I decided to go over to Ricahrd's party. It had already been going on for a while. There was a foosball game unattended, and I began playing it by myself (as though that's possible). Then some kid walked up and we played it together for a minute. There were other random interactions at the party, but it's all a blur in my memory.

Then I was going to go home, and I was saying bye to Richard's daughter Cailey. She wanted to come over to my house, and I told her parents they could bring her over after the party if they wanted. Then I went home and I was getting ready for bed. I remembered I had said they could bring Cailey over if they wanted, but I probably wouldn't hear them at the door if I was asleep. That's about the last of my memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the first part is strange.
Were you watching a movie from the 60s?

I had a dream that I went to visit Ray Johnson at his New York studio (not that would ever want to meet the guy) but there you go.