Monday, March 2, 2009

Owls

MORNING OF MARCH 2, 2009

I was at work one morning and heard what seemed to be a hooting sound outside. Looking out the glass front entrance doors I indeed spotted a large owl perched very near the building. Naturally I thought it was very odd for an owl to be out in the daytime at all.

The owl spread its wings and I thought it was going to fly away, but instead it just glided down to the parking lot. It was so cool to watch it up close. Suddenly, a second owl flew in and landed on the pavement beside the first one. They greeted each other by lightly touching beaks, like the owl version of an "Eskimo kiss"!

I found it fascinating to observe this behavior. Then I noticed the mail truck was pulling into the other end of the parking lot. I was disappointed that this would no doubt scare the owls away, but the mailman just made a U-turn in the parking lot and drove off again without ever getting near the owls. It turns out that didn't even matter, because I woke up at this point anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a great dream!

that owl was definitely a familiar
or David Bowie...or something...

cool

Andrew said...

Ha ha! A Bowie familiar has visited my dreams!