Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Exploits of the Fake Duo

MORNING OF MARCH 12, 2009

I remember Eric and I were goofing off. We sang part of some song, just ad-libbing it, in the spontaneous characters of some bad country duo (sadly, this is not a far cry from something that might actually happen). But then we decided we should try to get the song on the radio as a prank of some sort?!

Eric called a fictional local DJ, an old man who played old 80's country on his fictional radio station. Thinking we were the fictional duo, the old man told us we should come perform at the so-and-so festival this weekend.

The festival was outdoors overlooking a large lake or possibly river. A lot of people were out on boats. Eric and I were anxious to perform our "prank", apparently Borat-style, except we hadn't dressed up to appear in character or anything.

Next I remember They Might Be Giants were performing on on a large riverboat. We got into a small motorboat and made our way out closer to their boat. I remember driving our vessel and dodging between many other boats like some sort of race (this is because in real life I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart Wii since receiving it for my birthday recently--even though you're not in boats in any part of that game).

They Might Be Giants ended their show and announced they'd be performing a number of shows during the week at some local venue. Suddenly I was with Richard instead of Eric, and asked if he wanted to go. I don't remember what he said, but I began trying to think of anyone else I know who might care, because I definitely wanted to catch one of those shows, as I didn't expect them to be back in the area again so (relatively) soon after the last time.

No comments: